This is a full-time role based in Dallas, Texas. As the Finance Operations Manager, you will be a part of the Financial Operations (FinOps) Team and serve as an integral part of this cross-functional team for Sixth Street.
- Responsible for managing, developing, and recommending improvements to the company’s debt strategy, including facility management and adherence to compliance requirements for the company’s debt facilities
- Manage debt interest, fees and verifying the accuracy of all calculations and initiates payment
- Analyze and recommend optimal capital structure alternatives and implementation roadmap
- Collaborate with finance and accounting teams to forecast and fund working capital by preparing cash forecast and providing variance analysis of cash flow from estimates to actuals
- Assist Vice President in the management and continuous process improvement within the FinOps functions including Treasury and Cash Management with exposure to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Assist with continual maintenance of company bank accounts and KYC documentation
- Perform month-end close processes within FinOps, ensuring tasks are completed timely in compliance with Company policies and controls
- Lead the ongoing development of FinOps related accounting policies, processes, desktop procedures, and controls leveraging knowledge of best practices
- Assist with the design, testing and implementation of accounting, treasury, and payment systems that include, but are not limited to, Workday Finance
- Track key performance indictors which measure performance and efficiency of the team
- Interact with different departments in the firm both domestically and internationally, including Deal Teams, Fund Accounting, IT, Operations, Compliance, Financial Planning & Strategy, and Tax
- Provide backup to other FinOps functions and assist in ad hoc requests as needed
What We Value
- Strong technical, organizational, communication (both oral and written) and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and willing to work in a team environment
- High trust and integrity
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a complex environment
- Strong sense of urgency; ability to execute quickly and efficiently with strong attention to detail
- Structured problem solver who is able to synthesize information from a variety of sources into implementable recommendations and solutions
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- 7+ of relevant Financial Operations and Treasury experience
- BA or BS in Accounting or a related field
- Strong Excel skills required
- Experience in Corporate Accounting system implementation or project management of Treasury and Cash Management
- Deep knowledge of Treasury and Cash Management Operations, including building policies and procedures, while demonstrating ability to identify and implement process improvement
- Strong knowledge of working with multiple currencies and multiple legal entities globally
- Workday Financials and / or Allocation Systems & Methodologies
- Experience in other finance and accounting functions (e.g., Financial Planning and Analysis, General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable / T&E / Procurement, etc.) is strongly preferred
About Sixth Street
Sixth Street is a leading global investment firm founded in 2009. Our long-term oriented, highly flexible capital base and "One Team" cultural philosophy allow us to invest thematically across sectors, geographies, and asset classes.
We aren’t looking for any single type of person. Our strength is in our team, a collection of people from different backgrounds and with their own perspectives, united in the mission of being the world’s best investment firm.
From how we conduct business to how we engage in our communities, everything we do at Sixth Street is rooted in our commitment to our core principles:
- We have a bias towards Action. We initiate, execute and deliver results.
- We have Integrity. We are ethical and direct in word and deed.
- We are Responsible. We are accountable for our business, to our team, and to our communities.
- We value Teamwork. We are humble and better together
- We are Intra- and Entrepreneurial. We seek to innovate both inside and outside our business.
- We have a Cross-Platform Focus. We think across the business and avoid silos at all costs.
For more information, visit the Sixth Street Careers site or follow us on LinkedIn.
Sixth Street is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, genetic history, marital status, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please refer to the privacy notice on our website for additional information regarding our obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).