Business Development Originations - Private Debt and Private Equity
Prospect Capital Management L.P. (“PCM”) seeks an experienced professional to join its Business Development Group. PCM manages Prospect Capital Corp (“PCC”), a public investment company (a BDC) with approximately $11.5B of assets under management. The Business Development Group is responsible for originating new debt and equity investments for PCC.
PCC (as managed by PCM) invests primarily in the U.S. Middle Market. PCC invests in both private debt and private equity (as well as investing in real estate, syndicated loans and structured credit). PCC has a long-term, value-oriented investment approach. PCM has offices in New York City, Connecticut, and Florida. The firm is comprised of 100+ experienced professionals. Our culture is one of entrepreneurship, intellectual rigor, hard work, openness and continuous improvement.
- Originate private debt and private equity investments in the U.S. Middle Market and Lower Middle Market.
- Lead communications with investment banks and other intermediaries, with private equity firms and other asset managers, and directly with operating companies. In addition, seek to originate via non-traditional channels, such as law firms and accounting firms.
- Nurture an origination network via periodic phone calls, Zoom/Teams meetings and/or in-person meetings. Attend industry conferences. Manage email campaigns and other digital outreach.
- Obtain information on potential investments. Produce initial assessments for internal review.
- Tackle various other firm projects as they emerge from time to time.
- Work location TBD.
Desired Skills | Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in U.S. Middle Market finance (investment banking, private equity, direct lending, corporate M&A, consulting, other business development).
- Strong academic background. Solid understanding of finance and accounting.
- Network of relationships in the Middle Market; proven ability to source investment opportunities.
- Strong communication skills and comfort in an outward-facing role.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; desire and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable summarizing investment opportunities using Excel and MSWord.
- Attention to detail; organized (comfortable using a CRM).
The anticipated annual base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $300,000 plus an annual discretionary performance-based bonus.
Actual pay may be adjusted based on experience and performance.
Alternative Investments, Credit Fund, Private Credit, Private Equity Fund