May 26, 2023
$100,000 - $125,000 yearly
New York, NY, USA
Security Benefit is searching for a Derivatives Associate with proven experience to join our team. This position will work out of our office in New York City.
SB associates are working in a hybrid environment with both remote and on-site work.
Who Are We?
Security Benefit fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, Security Benefit provides mutual funds, annuities, and retirement programs.
What Does the Job Look Like?
The team's primary focus is managing derivatives portfolios, which include equity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, and foreign currency derivatives for various hedging strategies. This front office role offers daily exposure to the financial market and provides the potential for advancing into a trader or quant position.
- Collaborate with senior traders and Quantitative Analysts to help develop, implement, and execute derivatives trading strategies using quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Support monitoring the risk and profitability of derivatives portfolios and performing P&L attribution analysis.
- Assist with conducting market research and analysis to identify trading opportunities.
- Assist with analyzing equity derivatives, interest rate derivatives and FX derivatives portfolios for better risk management.
- Prepare high-quality presentations for distribution to senior management.
- Generate reports for dissemination to stakeholders within and outside the organization.
- Work with counterparties & middle office to resolve discrepancies related to trading activities.
- Work with the quantitative development team to enhance the trade execution process and risk management system.
- Strive for constant enhancement and automation of designated tasks.
- Stay up to date with market news and industry updates & publish market commentary as needed.
Who Are You?
- Minimum one to three years of experience in the sell or buy side, with sell-side experience strongly preferred. Experience directly related to derivatives is also preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. The pursuit of CFA designation is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets.
- Experience in creating high-quality presentation slides is highly desirable.
- A keen interest in learning about derivatives and an aptitude for mathematics to support career growth within the team.
Familiarity with Bloomberg and at least one programming language is desirable.
What Security Benefit Can Offer You:
- Employees are eligible for an annual incentive bonus designed to reward for performance.
- The salary range for New York City Metro area is $97,000 to $125,000.
- Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location which will be reflected in the candidate's offer letter.
- 33 days of paid time off for PTO, paid holidays, days of Significance, and a Volunteer Day
- Paid parental leave eligible after one year of service
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Profit Sharing & Savings Plan
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Associate Assistance Programs
- Career growth and more!
Bachelor of Science or better in Accounting/Finance or Information Technology
• Familiarity with Bloomberg and at least one programming language is desirable.
• Demonstrated interest in financial markets.
• Minimum one to three years of experience in the sell or buy side, with sell-side experience strongly preferred. Experience directly related to derivatives is also preferred.
Asset Management, Insurance Company