- Proven track record in defining and driving data strategies for pricing/valuations, security master, and reference data for Credit segment.
- Assist with the analysis of platform processes and capabilities and the ongoing development of a technology strategy for operations including datasets for Pricing, PNL, and Reference Data.
- Experience with fund accounting platforms and data extraction (Geneva or VPM experience is needed)
- Knowledge of financial instruments Bank Debt, Derivatives (CDS, Options, etc.), Bonds, CLOs, etc.
- Experience with security data set (Bloomberg, Rating Agencies, etc.)
- Work with Development Team and Data Management Team to create new data warehouse and integration frameworks focused on firm-wide initiatives
- Assist Carlyle IT in implementing data management best practices (data consistency, reliability, and integrity) and framework for Carlyle IT.
- Mentor team members on best practices, process improvement and data management discipline in order to improve effectiveness and skills of resources.
- Guide the Deal Team on the completion of valuation models in line with Carlyle’s valuation policy as well as applicable accounting/industry guidance.
- Support enterprise data systems leads in maintain documentation of current and future state environments (ongoing) for Security Master and Operational Datasets.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and prioritize deliver of multiple projects and communication of strategy and vision.
- Adept at listening and soliciting feedback from end-users and stakeholders of Credit Data Warehouse
- Detailed and Process oriented skillset required to maintain golden source and ongoing data governance initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, required
- Concentration in Finance and/or Information Management or similar discipline, strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in normalizing business valuations data, valuations of illiquid and complex securities, and/or structuring, trading, or whole loan modelling, required
- Advanced knowledge valuation methodologies and financial models for RMBS, CMBS, CLO, ABS, and other structured finance securities
- Experience with third party systems such as Bloomberg and Intex
- Relevant experience with enterprise system implementation, required Markit EDM, Cloud platforms, specifically Snowflake preferred.
- Strong Support the development of new data warehouse and integration frameworks focused on firm-wide initiatives
- Capable of leading a team of internal and external support resources.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to implement best practices and design principles.
- Proficiency in designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction, and option pricing analyses
- Ability to develop valuation approaches for various forms of securities and unique instruments including equity and debt securities, loans, and structured products
- Self-starter with a strong willingness to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of individuals and personalities
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills
- Able to work independently and proactively manage responsibilities to completion
- Committed to high standards of excellence and ethics, including the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Ability to transform business requirements into scalable, robust designs of data concepts through requirements analysis and interfacing with system stakeholders
- Ability to grasp data concepts and understand complex data models a plus
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $376 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 520 investment vehicles as of June 30, 2022. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with nearly 1,900 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.