- Review of fund accounting records, financial statements, partners’ capital account statements, tax returns, K-1 forms and capital calls/distribution allocation files and letters. Such records/data will be prepared by the Third Party Administrator (“TPA”)
- Coordination with auditors and ability to understand/explain financial concepts and team processes
- Data analysis that is needed for Carlyle’s corporate accounting team (including Economic Net Income models, budget, AUM, etc.)
- Working with deal team, legal/tax counsel, and credit operations team to plan and execute deal closings. Assisting team in coordination with legal and tax to set up deal structures
- Participation in the review of investment valuation and presentation to applicable committees
- During fundraising, the individual will also help create various analysis of data needed for the updating marketing materials, assisting with the preparation of due diligence questionnaire responses, as well as assist with evaluation of side-letter arrangement and fund closing processes
- Complete responses to investor correspondence, inquiries, and requests
- Assisting with Fund treasury functionality and deal pipeline management
- Other ad-hoc projects where needed
- Assist in the structuring, execution and monitoring of investment transactions
- Review performance metrics compiled by TPA
- Preparation of corporate Economic Net Income models for respective fund(s) and gather all necessary data needed for models from deal team, TPA, etc.
- Preparation of various reports provided to investors periodically (i.e. Quarterly Update Letter)
- Assist with asset based credit facility provider management
- Review of valuation materials and tie outs to borrower financials
- Fund modelling and future business budgeting
- Overview of portfolio hedging, and consideration of best hedging opportunities
- Detailed review of NAV’s based on data received from the Third Party Administrator (“TPA”), which includes review of related support for all balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Coordinate and detail review valuations, including Independent Valuation Firm review subsequent event review and prepare valuation materials for the Valuation Committee and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and review credit facility reporting and compliance
- Detailed review of accrued carry calculations from the TPA
- Detailed review of capital allocations and capital statements prepared by TPA
- Detailed review of financial statements
- Coordinate interim and year-end audit requests and questions
- End of Period SOI reporting
- Manage the funds capital needs/expenses by communicating capital activity to TPA, monitoring funds’ cash needs and credit facility, understanding funds’ carry position/determination of carry and reviewing fee & expense calculations prepared by TPA
- Interact with investors on a periodic basis and produce and analyze a variety of ad hoc analysis
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required and Finance double major/minor strongly preferred
- CPA and/or CFA preferred
- Strong educational background in accounting/finance
- 4-5 years related industry experience required
- Big 4 accounting firm background is a plus
- BDC experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the credit investment universe (including, but not limited to, CLO's, Term Loans, Revolvers)
- Highly motivated individual
- Strong interpersonal skills a must
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented. Attention to detail a must.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and successfully manage multiple responsibilities under strict deadlines
- Proficient Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $373 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 543 investment vehicles as of December 31st, 2022. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 2,100 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.