Company: Global Multi-Strat Credit Asset Manager (CLOs, structured credit, corporate credit, opportunistic credit, High Yield and direct lending) with over $40B of AUM.
Job Title: Tax VP/Manager
- Review Federal and state tax returns of the open-ended and close-ended funds, including direct lending fund structures (including c-corp and partnership entities).
- Serve as liaison with the external preparers and administrators for management company and fund tax returns.
- Assist with the Tax Information Reporting Process (e.g., Form 1099’s, Tax Forms) and preparation of non-income tax filings (e.g., withholding tax returns, sales& use tax returns, commercial rent, etc.).
- Respond to various IRS and state audit inquiries and tax notices.
- Assist with research and analysis of a wide range of tax issues related to business and financing transactions
- Preparation of U.S. GAAP tax provision for the quarterly and year end closing and reporting processes including the effective tax rate analysis
- preparing accounting tax entries, preparing, and maintaining deferred tax inventory.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related major with tax and accounting course work completed
- MST and/or CPA, Enrolled Agent or other appropriate certification a plus
- Prior Big 4 experience and/or investment/asset manager tax department a plus
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Tax Accounting, including ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) as well as the tax provision preparation process
- Relevant experience preparing U.S. GAAP tax provisions, Federal and state tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company
- Solid knowledge of principals of corporate and partnership taxation
- Experience with corporate and/or partnership tax compliance
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Desire to expand technical skills in both tax and fund accounting
- Technologically proficient in Excel, Word and Tax Software
- Experience with corporate taxation and partnership tax compliance.